Yes definitely the world is developing and growing. With this the demand internet and all other wireless network like Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc are growing and has to be credited well for the development.
But at the same time it is also posing a great threat to your system. A security is very much mandatory to keep your data protected and maintain your privacy in this complex world. Here comes the need of Cyber Security.
Cyber Security also known as Computer Security is a part of information security which protects your system from any infection from foreign sources that may cause any damage to the hardware or software. It helps to you to keep safe yours all the electronic data.
In the computing there generally exist some vulnerability. And these become the hot points for the attackers. These vulnerabilities can be classified as follows:
- Denial-of-service attack
- Direct-access attacks
- Multi-vector, polymorphic attacks
- Privilege escalation
- Social engineering
The industries with maximum chances of need of securities are government, aviation, large corporations, medical systems, automobiles, etc where the dependence of individuals on computer systems very much. There has been a huge damage financially to the companies that have been attacked.
The motivations for breaches of computer security vary between attackers. Some are thrill-seekers or vandals, some are activists, other criminals looking for financial gain. State-sponsored attackers are now common and well resourced.
Now surely you will ask then what should we do? How can we be saved from this fraud and attack that corrupts our system? The answer is simple.
You can definitely protect your system. There are many different teams and organization existing for taking action at international level also as these cyber criminals travels from one country to another with free plane tickets. The various organizations are:
- The Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams (FIRST) is the global association of CSIRT (Computer Security Incidence Response Team).
- The Council of Europe helps protect societies worldwide from the threat of cybercrime through the Convention on Cybercrime.
- The purpose of the Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group (MAAWG) is to bring the messaging industry together to work collaboratively and to successfully address the various forms of messaging abuse, such as spam, viruses, denial-of-service attacks and other messaging exploitations.
- ENISA : The The European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) is an agency of the European Union with the objective to improve network and information security in the European Union.
So be wise, use the resources at maximum but with proper protection and care. Be safe!!